Mother’s Day is almost here. Many of us will be celebrating this day in unique ways this year. We invite you to consider making a special donation in honour of mothers.
Last week we received the following text message from *Sarah, a woman in crisis (*name has been changed to protect the confidentiality of the client):
“I need to book a phone apt ASAP please…I just found out I’m newly pregnant. I know I can’t have this baby right now. I was looking for help because I never ever thought I’d consider an abortion. But that’s the decision I’ve made and I need help”.
One of our support workers immediately called Sarah back and listened as Sarah poured out her heart and the reasons why she felt that she had no other choice but to have an abortion. The support worker was able to share with Sarah some alternative life-affirming options.
Thank you for your ongoing support of the Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Centre. It is because of you, your prayers and your generous donations that we were able to help Sarah and Amelia’s mom and so many others like them. If you would like to make a donation this Mother’s Day in honour of mothers there are several ways you can do this.
5 ways to support Kawartha Lakes Pregnancy Centre
1. Online through CanadaHelps: Click on the Donate Now button at the bottom of this page (or go to our website at www.klpcentre.ca) and follow the online prompts.
2. Credit Card or Debit: Call the centre at 705-878-8527 during business hours to make arrangements.
3. E-transfer: Email money directly from your bank account to the centre.
4. Cheque: Mail cheques to 241 Kent St. W, Lindsay, ON K9V 2Z3.
5. Become a Monthly Donor: Monthly donations help the Centre to be able to plan for upcoming expenses. Currently 39% of our income comes through monthly donations. Monthly donations can be made through debit or credit cards. Call the centre at 705-878-8527 during business hours to make arrangements to become a monthly donor.
Chairman of the Board